Our Mission and Goal
When it comes to comparing the lives of Equity-Deprived Youth (EDY), versus Equity-Invested Youth (EIY), by every measure from outcome health to income wealth, Queen City Charlotte is truly a tale of two cities:
In another part of City of Charlotte, the lives of Equity-Deprived Youth (EDY) dives into chronic mobility failure, leaving these youth chained to disadvantage, deprivation, and neglect at almost every facet of their social determinant of health development.
FREE YOUTH STUCK IN POVERTY, is not only our mission and goal, it is also the call of our time, for all all donors large and small to support our cause in a way they have NEVER done before.
In a nutshell, these youth are trapped and STUCK in poverty because their pathways to upward mobility is being blocked and their incentive to pursue a better life is being sufficated by powerful economic, political and social forces in Charlotte.
Despite the best intention claim these forces continue to make, they repeateadly leave far too many youth with less education, less wealth, poor health and shorter lifespans.
In effect harming their quality and length of life in every facet of their social determinants of health development.
Prioritizing the advancement of children born and STUCK in poverty who we embrace as Equity-Deprived Youth (EDY).
Our mission and goal to meet the unmet needs of the 36,641 Equity-Deprived Youth who reside in the eight poorest zip codes in Charlotte, goes to the heart of our passion, purpose, mission, and goal.
All of these youth live with or come from families that live below the poverty line in eight zip codes: 28204, 28202, 28206, 28208, 28203, 28205, 28213, and 28217.
One of three reasons why we are intervening to serve these youth is because the status-quo establishment in Charlotte no longer offer or represent the healthiest way forward: Nearly all of their efforts have resulted in little or no progress made.
Nearly all all of their efforts have left these youth chained to disadvantage, deprivation, and neglect at almost every facet of their social determinant of health development.
The second reason why we are intervening to serve these youth is because of Charlotte’s decade old record of making little or no progress.
Today, it is not only a record of failure that is a growing problem. This failure is silently killing our youth and harming the reputation of the City of Charlotte for everyday citizens who are proud to call Charlotte home.
The third reason why we are intervening to serve these youth is because the status-quo establishment no longer provides the most reliable solution for Freeing Equity-Deprived Youth STUCK in poverty.
HELPING ALL OF OUR YOUTH: ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE DEPRIVED
We are here to serve the best interests of ALL these youth for one main reason:
Because the powerful political, economic, and social forces who share an irrevocable responsibility for their safety, health and wellbeing, EITHER CAN’T or WONT!
At Equity Navigation Solutions Inc., we know what we are up against in taking on the status quo and in trying to reach the hearts and minds of these youth.
We are keenly aware of the socio-economic landmines we will need to navigate to reach these youth and help them escape from poverty to a better station in life.
Despite the City of Charlotte’s best intention claims, little or no progress have been made in delivering breakthrough results to the lives of youth trapped in poverty for life.
Why Charlotte’s Little No Progress Is Killing Our Youth & Ruining The City’s Reputation
At the end of the day, to become the Charlotte, we have NEVER been, we must be willing to do what the Charlotte have NEVER done, and it is this:
Prioritize the advancement of children born and STUCK in poverty by supporting a bold systemic shift in poverty relief thinking, direction, learning, intervention, and lifelong breakthrough results.
The main reason why Charlotte’s little or no progress is killing our youth is because the City of Charlotte continue to leave far too many of these youth with less education, less wealth, poor health, and shorter lifespans.
From end to end, what “little or no progress mean,” is NO FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE in City of Charlotte’s outdated conventional solution approach, that has failed for decade to help these youth thrive.
In part, if not exclusively, this failure is why the City of Charlotte was ranked nationally 50 out of 50 in economic mobility.
- Little or no progress means, the City of Charlotte is still STUCK in three cycles of mobility failure and it is no position to get out of its own way to help children the most vulnerable among us who are born and STUCK in poverty
- Little or no progress means, more of the same status-quo thinking and outcomes that landed Charlotte 50 our 50, with worst mobility ranking in the nation. Little or no progress also leaves the lives and future of these youth in great harm, danger and even greater peril.
- Little or no progress means, NO infrastructure built to prioritize the lifelong advancement of children born and STUCK in poverty, who we embrace as Equity-Deprived Youth (EDY).
- Little or no progress means, NO FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE in the negative trajectory of youth lives and future, leaving most of these youth without navigated direction, mobility, and the traction they need to get a fresh start in life.
- Little or no progress means, NO FUNDAMENTAL OR STRUCTURAL CHANGE in the City of Charlotte’s posture, national mobility reputation or ranking.
- Little or no progress means, NO FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE in the continuation of more poverty injustice in Charlotte, more systemic and structural betrayal of Equity-Deprived Youth, whose best interest is being betrayed every day they are being held in Charlotte’s Poverty Web by the very saem forces who share an irrevocable responsibility for their safety, health and well-being.
- Little or no progress means, NO demonstrated effort in helping youth reach a more equitable future, where their hopes, dreams, and aspirations can thrive.
- Little or no progress means, that even with the best intentions, the political, economic and social forces in Charlotte are either incapable of unwilling to deliver breakthrought outcomes and navigated results to the lives of Equity-Deprived Youth.
In the end Little or no progress…
- Little or no progress means, a smarter alternative is urgently needed and required to usher in a healthier way forward, a better way out and smarter way through to upward mobility.
- Little or no progress is why we need DONORS like YOU! To help us fill the leadership void needed to transform the lives and future of these youth, now and for generations to come.
Please know, although our primary focus is on bringing poverty relief to children born and STUCK in poverty, we are not blind to 18 additional reasons why youth need their own advocate and why they need our help now more than ever.
Each reason listed below provides a wider aperture into another problem or challenge the youth we advocate for, face every day not only in Charlotte but all across America as well.
- 5 children are killed by abuse or neglect.
- 8 children or teens die by suicide.
- 9 children or teens are killed with a gun.
- 22 children or teens die from accidents.
- 50 children or teens are injured with a gun.
- 59 children or teens are injured or killed with a gun.
- 61 babies die before their first birthday.
- 126 children are arrested for violent crimes.
- 248 children are arrested for drug crimes.
- 589 public school students are corporally punished.*
- 773 babies are born into extreme poverty.
- 826 babies are born without health insurance.
- 860 babies are born with low birthweight.
- 1,683 babies are born into poverty.
- 1,844 children are confirmed as abused or neglected.
- 1,995 children are arrested.
- 2,956 high school students drop out.*
- 14,640 public school students are suspended.*
*Based on 180 school days per year. Reproduced from Children’s Defense Fund. (2020). The state of America’s children. Available at https://www.childrensdefense.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/The-State-Of-Americas-Children-2020.pdf.
Our 2023 / 2024 donor campaign starts with YOU, helping us move forward beyond making little or no progress.
Click here to donate now to: FREE YOUTH STUCK IN POVERTY!
However, for those who desire to convert their concern into action and can give more, we offer ten pathways through which donors can participate.
For Mail-In Donations: